Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saved But Not Restored

After reading the three books, that I had to read and with no knowledge of the others in the series, I have found something that to me is worth thinking about at the least. This first came to me after reading prince Caspian and finding a new and darker Narina, but what struck me as a surprise is not only did Aslan let it get so bad, but also the fact that when he saved Narnia, he really did not bring it back to its glorious luster, instead he left it somewhat still broken. Which leads me to the question, can Aslan only save Narnia, and not restore it. We know that we were saved through Christ death on the cross, but like Aslan he was not able to restore our human lives on earth to the once beautiful and wonderful paradise that it once was long ago. I don’t know if this is a correlation or not, but it was just something that I had been thinking about.

2 comments:

HospersladyVic said...

I'm not sure if I agree with you that Christ cannot restore our lives on earth...It seems to me that I have met many people whose lives have majorally sucked, and have delt with horrible things that I pray most of us will never see, and yet they still seem to have a sense that they are joyfull in the Lord. So could it be that their lives are restored, not in a way in which everything is rosey but that still they have the shalom (completeness) of God?

rascal said...

I like your idea. very interesting.