Friday, October 3, 2008

Does God Love Us More?

A question was raised in our hand out today: Why do we need to be made more fully lovable? As God's Beloved creatures, why aren't we already as fully lovable as a creature can be? The next question raised was Can you love someone more?-- this I would like to answer from my opinions and experiences.

Can you Love someone more? Can God love us more?

No. I have personal experience to back this up. God, as far as I know, loves fully and absolutely. He cannot love you more or less because of who you are or where you are in life. What I do believe happens is you experience MORE of God's love as you learn and grow. There's only so much a mind can grasp as one tries to comprehend God. (which we will never fully be capable of!) This summer I learned how to experience joy in all circumstances. I saw God loving me through Joy instead of just in tragedies. Thus, I experienced more and different love of God. As we learn and grow- through pain and struggles- we learn more about God's love- as we are growing into better people. We, as Christians, grow in our faith walks, learning about and experiencing God. We never fully understand God's love but we keep getting piece after piece when we open and learn. Thus, WE are accepting more of God's love, not God loving us more. To become more lovable means to understand more about love. This comes only through experiences.
I have been gifted with compassion for people. I love people--I genuinely care for all types of people because my heart aches when they ache, rejoices in their joys, etc. This is a gift from God. When I say things in class and they sound angry, it's out of passion, which arises from my compassioin/love for people. I'm still new at this Christianity thing- it's hard, it's uncomfortable, but it's good. This love we experience is newer understanding of God and his love for us.

An important thing I'd like to add is God's love cannot change (for more or for less) because God does not change. He is eternal, everlasting, unchanging, constant. God's correcting actions allow us to learn about his love through our experiences, so we experience more love- God doesn't change in his Loving us.

One thing that is slightly irrelavent, but that I'd like to add is a comment about something Victoria was saying today. I understand your argument about "making the world a better place" and "fixing the problems" by candidates, and I agree- it is annoying when they say they're going to do all these things, when in reality they're not because they forget or they don't actually care. I think one key thing you missed from your argument today was the we CAN make the world a better place- no, not perfect, but better- because we have the choice to do good. God made us to have free will, so we can choose to do good things: good for environment, other people, etc. We can have a better society because we CAN choose to be GOOD, but we will never achieve perfect because no one is perfect all the time, we always sin. (sorry for the long bad sentence) Additionally, we must try to do good for the world, whether it's just walking with someone home from school, or flying over to japan to do ministry work- we are called to serve God and Mankind, therefore we can choose to follow the call. Anyways, enough Tangent, Good night, and I'm open to discussions-- :) Especially if anything needs clarification

No comments: