Friday, October 17, 2008

Ouch!

I really enjoyed Lewis' idea on pain. I like the idea that we have pain for a reason. It is easy to see the pain, but hard to see the good. There are so many examples for us to learn from because of the pain that preceded us and also from the pain the is to come. It helps us while we are here on earth and also for our souls. It allows us to improve ourselves and become more understanding of the pain of those around us. The pain the we receive allows us to become more sympathetic and understanding to those around. For instance, the pain that I went through as a child has given me the knowledge to help those around me today. I had never read the Problem of Pain until this class and it was gratifying to read someone else confirming my thoughts on how pain is beneficial to people in the world. I don't have the answers to the pain that occurs which seems to serve no purpose, but maybe it does in ways that we don't see just yet. Maybe the pain in the world, is helping to build someone that will become a great leader for the world or helping someone to become the influential figure for someone else.
Anyways, I just enjoyed this read, for the most part.

No comments: