Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Shrinking Into Ourselves

While reading "The Great Divorce", i loved the imagery created by Lewis' description of the dwarf. I lead me to start thinking, when do i act like the dwarf, when do i get so caught up into myself, and worrying and carrying, only about my problems. When is my faith dwarf, and i keep trying to save myself, and not worrying about the bigger picture, and choosing me time over you time. I just am amazed by the power of just small part of stories that can affect you in Lewis' writing, "While it sounds merciful," he writes, "see what lurks behind it. The demand of the loveless and the self-imprisoned that they should be allowed to blackmail the universe: that till they consent to be happy (on their own terms) no one else shall taste joy: that theirs should be the final power; that Hell should be able to veto Heaven. "Great Divorce"

No comments: