Friday, December 12, 2008

Time...

I really liked the part in Screwtape Letters where Screwtape writes about Time. He encourages his nephew to make the "patient" think he owns his own time. That "we humans" can manage our own time-- forgetting that it is God who gave us the time to begin with. Time is something we all grapple with, and I've been really challenged to think about Time in my devotional this year. We so often complain that we don't have enough time, or we can't do something because we don't have time. Funny, but I think we DO have time, we just aren't using it properly. If we used the time God gave us, we would, so to speak, have much more time to accomplish what we need. When working to glorify God, we have plenty of time, but when we get caught up in our "own time" we lose the ability to "have time." It's an interesting thing to think about. It just really struck a chord within me.

Although Lewis and I have had many butting of heads moments, he has made me think about what is important, and what I believe. He didn't fail to do so with the Screwtape Letters.

My last post is short and sweet--but that's okay :)

No comments: